Adults (over 18s only)
Taste Causeway is a collective of passionate artisans drawing upon our rich landscape and heritage to create extraordinary food experiences. We are proud to have been a founding member of this group and in our Taste Causeway Experience, you will be introduced to an exclusive selection of local artisan products and learn how to pair them with the finest chocolate.
You will handcraft a delectable collection of chocolate truffles* – during each Taste Causeway experience Chief Chocolatier Geri Martin will guide you through making ganaches with the stunning selection of local artisan products.
We will introduce you to:
- Causeway Coffee, locally roasted award-winning coffee blends, which we incorporate into a fabulous coffee milk truffle;
- Dundarave Estate, who produce the finest range of jams and chutneys on their stunning estate just a stone’s throw from the Giant’s Causeway. Their County Antrim apple orchard also inspired us to create a toffee apple truffle;
- Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil, multi-award-winning oil, with the oilseed grown and bottled just fifteen miles from our workshop. We have crafted an amazing dark chocolate and chilli truffle using their stunning chilli oil;
- Mussenden Sea Salt – harvested off Castlerock Beach, just a few steps outside our door, this Atlantic sea salt is the perfect ingredient for our salted caramel truffle;
- Bushmills Whiskey – for over 400 years, this iconic whiskey has been produced just along the Causeway Coastal Route. We are delighted to have partnered with the Old Bushmills Distillery to develop a recipe for the ultimate whiskey truffle.
- Giants Basalt Gin – the newest distillery on the North Coast producing a stunning new gin that pairs exceptionally with our chocolate
- Greenhouse Brothers – Taste Casueway’s first microgreen farmers supply us with fresh mint or lemon leaves to be infused into your handmade truffles!
We stock many of these artisan products, plus much more, in our Artisan Food Emporium.
We will offer you a hot chocolate drink while your creations set and a tempering guide so that you can recreate the chocolate magic at home. There is also a 10% voucher for purchases in the Chocolate Shop.
We will provide all you need to make your chocolates and to bring them home. This experience lasts between 2– 2.5 hours, and involves standing so we recommend comfortable shoes.
*Please ensure you provide us with allergen information for all those participating to ensure we tailor your creations to suit allergies