At The Chocolate Manor, Every Customer Counts. This is our Commitment to Customers:
We aim to provide an exemplary and accessible customer service that all our customers can use and benefit from in a manner that respects their dignity and independence and promotes equal opportunity and choice.
Our aim is to provide an inclusive environment and we will make all efforts to remove any physical, sensory and intellectual barriers to disabled people when accessing our services. This includes a commitment to uphold the spirit and letter of the Disability Discrimination Act, 1995 and we will strive to make all possible reasonable adjustments to make our services accessible to disabled people. This is consistent with our values and our vision of being a business for everyone.
We have signed up to the EVERY CUSTOMER COUNTS initiative through the Equality Commission NI. This means we will:
- Consider the unique needs of each customer: We will do our best to accommodate any reasonable adjustment requests you may make.
- Take action to make our premises, facilities and services accessible: We will carry out regular assessments to identify potential barriers for disabled customers and make all possible reasonable adjustments to remove or minimise any barriers identified. See our pre-visit information for details.
- Strive to meet best practice standards for access and inclusion. Our approach will be informed by best practice guidance promoting accessibility.
- Train our Staff: During induction all staff will be made aware of this policy and our commitment to accommodating reasonable adjustment requests.
- Provide accessible web content: Our website will conform to the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and British Standard BS 8878 Web Accessibility Code of Practice.
- Provide auxiliary aids and assistive technology: Where reasonably possible we will provide assistive technology to make our service easier to access. This may include installing induction loops to our service counters, providing audible signage, large print price lists or menus and magnifying glasses as required.
- Welcome assistance dogs: We will provide a bowl of water and place to rest if our customer is going to be with us for an experience.
- Carry out effective monitoring and review: We will regularly monitor and review progress in relation to our commitments. We will keep track of how requests for reasonable adjustments from employees and customers are managed.
- Encourage feedback: We will actively engage with customers in order to identify areas that require change and encourage service improvements.
This accessibility statement applies to The Chocolate Manor website www.thechocolatemanor.com
This website is run by the The Chocolate Manor. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
The Chocolate Manor website includes BrowseAloud accessibility software. BrowseAloud adds speech, reading and translation support tools to online content. It works on all major browsers and platforms, including mobile phones and tablets. All features are accessed from an easy-to-use floating toolbar located at the top right menu on all web pages. Read more about BrowseAloud
This means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the pages using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. However, we welcome any feedback on areas you think are unclear. Contact us by email: email@example.com or ring us on 07919332843.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Some parts of this website, particularly older documents, are not fully accessible to all screen readers. If you require more information on this, please contact us using the details below to ask for alternative formats or alternative ways of obtaining the information.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact Geri Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07919332843. Please include your name, email address and web address (URL) of the content you are referring to.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Chocolate Manor is committed to making its website accessible.
Compliance status: This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard